CHANGES FOR 2016
· This year the Texas 4-H Program has adopted the National 4-H “4-H Grows Here” campaign. The theme of the 2016 Texas 4-H Roundup will coincide. Therefore, there will not be a logo and theme contest this year.
· Youth MAY NOT participate in more than one contest in a day.
· The Invitational Meat Judging and Identification contest will be held simultaneously with the qualifying contest on Wednesday. The invitational contest will be open to individuals or teams of two, limit of three teams per county.
· *NEW* Invitational contests on Tuesday this year:
- Livestock Skill-a-thon
- Robotics Challenge. This contest will be limited to one intermediate and/or one senior team per county. Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for a total of 24 teams.
· The Invitational Swine Skill-a-thon contest will not be held this year at Texas 4-H Roundup. The Livestock Skill-a-thon will serve as an alternative opportunity.
· The Art Contest will not be held this year at Texas 4-H Roundup.
· A Grilling Meat Science Workshop will be offered by the Texas A&M University Department of Animal Science Meat Science Center on Thursday.
· The Science on a Sphere exhibit is planned to be open for viewing at the Texas A&M AgriLife Center.
· The Healthy Lifestyles contest will be held on Tuesday.
· The Recipe Rally – Dinner Tonight presentations will be held on Thursday.
· 4-H members will be able to participate in one Share-The-Fun category on Wednesday AND one Share-The-Fun category on Thursday.
· A Share-The-Fun “Best of Show” will be selected each evening by audience participation through voting via text message.
· Discover Scientific Method Research Poster Contest has changed the entry requirements. An individual or team of two or three can compete.
· The Leaders 4 Life contest has made changes to the “Question and Answer with Judges” and the “Community Service Interpretation” portions of the contest. See rules for complete details.
· The Archery match will be limited to 120 participants. Entry will be on a first come-first serve basis.