Online applications for the 2019-2020 STEM Ambassador team are now open through July 31. Please share with those interested in joining the STEM Ambassador program (formerly named Technology Team). An overview video that was shown at Texas 4-H Roundup is linked here for sharing. The new STEM Ambassador logo is also attached for inclusion in newsletters and social media.
Application link: https://fs4.formsite.com/state4h/new/index.html
As STEM Ambassadors, our mission is to educate communities about science, technology, engineering, and math opportunities; both inside and outside of 4-H, while learning essential skills in STEM, communication, and teamwork.
Eligibility for New Members
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Be an active 4-H member or 4-H Adult volunteer for the 2019-2020 year, a former Tech Team member now in college, or Extension employee
- Complete and submit application by July 31, 2019
- Have a willingness to learn about STEM
- Be willing to work collaboratively on a team with other youth and adults
- Be responsive and engaged in team communications
- Share knowledge and skills with others
- Not serving on the 2019-20 Texas 4-H Council
Individuals must complete the online application, which includes the following sections:
- Overview and Expectations
- Personal Information
- Technology Access & Communication
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Experience and Future Areas of Interest
- Technology Experience Essay
- Personal Video Narrative*
- Letters of Recommendation**
- Acknowledgement and Agreement
* Youth applicants will need to record a personal 2-3 minute video reflecting “who you are and what you do”. The video must be published to YouTube and the link shared on the application.
** Youth applicants will need to secure two letters that will be uploaded online or emailed.
July 1 – Applications open
July 31 – Applications close (no extensions or exceptions will be made)
August 1-29 – Applications will be reviewed
August 30 – Applicants will be notified of acceptance
October 25-27 – Required training for new and returning members at Texas 4-H Conference Center in Brownwood
Spring 2020 meeting date and location TBD
If there are questions, please direct those to me. My sincere thanks for your assistance in sharing this information.
Extension Program Specialist
4-H Youth Development - STEM