4-H youth in the 9-12 grades may volunteer to serve as a school tour guide at the San Antonio Livestock Show. Youth will need to commit their entire day from 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM to serving in this leadership role and must be academically eligible to be excused from school in February.
Youth must register for their day of choice by noon on Friday, December 1, 2017. Once you sign up, you are fully committed to that date, so be sure to triple check your schedule before signing up.
Click here to sign up as a tour guide! A copy of your selection(s) will be emailed to the address submitted in the form.
Friday, October 13, 2017
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Thursday, October 5, 2017
District 3 4-H Shooting Sports Coach Training to be held October 21-22, 2017 in Wichita County. Archery, Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun disciplines will be offered at this event.
Registration will be open on Texas 4-H Connect starting September 11 – October 9, 2017. Registration is $125 per person. Registration types are as follows: Coach, Assistant Coach – Adult, Assistant Coach – Youth, and Extension Employee. Participant may only be trained in one discipline at this training and will select at registration.
Note* - Participants MUST have a current and complete 4-H Connect volunteer/member profile to register for the event. This includes an up-to-date background check for adults.
No exceptions will be allowed for the registration deadline!
For further information, click here.
Monday, October 2, 2017
The new 2018 Texas 4-H Round-Up Guide has been posted to the website and can be accessed by clicking here. Be sure to scroll down to "State Events".
Please note: the schedule of events is TENTATIVE (The state office will release the registration information for Roundup by April 3, 2018.) . This has been shared for the purpose of letting 4-H members know which contests are held each day since they are only able to compete in one per day. A more detailed schedule will be released with the registration packet in the spring.
Other contest resources will be posted to https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/roundup/ this week.
There are a few changes that we wanted to make you aware of for the 2017-2018 4-H year. We have highlighted the changes in the guide.
- Entomology Identification and Soil Judging will be Invitational Contest
- 4-H Has Talent has been discontinue
- Robotics Challenge contest format has changed. Official rules will be posted soon.
- Additional national contest opportunities have been added for Poultry Judging, Horse Judging, Range Evaluation and Soil Judging. We are evaluating some additional opportunities for other contest areas and will announce those once confirmed.
- Discover Scientific Method Research Poster will be an individual or team of 2 this year, instead of team of 3.
Happy Monday! Below are some reminders for upcoming deadlines and events:
- October 1-7 is National 4-H Week - please let the Extension Office know what your Club has planned!
- Tuesday, 10/3: (Extended) TCYS Plant orders due at 5:00 PM at http://traviscountyyouthshow.org/page.aspx?ID=2358
- Thursday, 10/5: TCYS Broiler orders are due in the Extension Office
- Saturday, 10/7: One Day 4-H
- Saturday, 10/7: Annual Gator Swamp Stomp Fundraiser
- Monday, 10/16: Travis County FCS Ambassador Applicatons are due via email (https://travis-tx.tamu.edu/4-h-programs/4-h-forms/ at the bottom of the page)
- Tuesday, 10/17: Major Show Lamb, Goat, and Heifer Validation at Hendrickson High School
- Friday, 10/20: TCYS Entries are due at the Extension Office
If you are a 4-H'er in high school, this is a WONDERFUL opportunity to get an idea of how to start working towards improving your 4-H Scholarship Applications as you get closer to becoming a graduation senior! Last year, Travis County 3 graduates received a combined total of $50,000 in scholarships from the Texas 4-H foundation!
Friday, September 29, 2017
We’re pleased to announce that District 9 4-H will be hosting a Shooting Sports Coach Certification Training for Archery, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun in Conroe on November 11-12, 2017.
See the participant letter for more details. Click here.
This training is open to any potential coaches across the state.
- Registration will be conducted through 4‐H Connect.
- Look for 2017 D9 4-H Shooting Sports Coach Certification Training (Conroe)
- Registration will be open starting September 27 and closes October 18, 2017.
- Please pay close attention to the deadline!
- Cost is $120
Participants MUST have completed and passed the Background Check PRIOR to registering for the event, so if they have not completed this, they should do so IMMEDIATELY! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Registration will cover meals and course materials.
- Only one discipline certification (archery, pistol, rifle, or shotgun) is obtainable per participant per training.
- Lodging will be the responsibility of the participants.
- Event will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, November 11 and tentatively end at noon on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
- Tentative schedule, what to bring list, and release forms can be found on the website or within the attached letter. Additional details will be sent to those that register.
Visit the website to view more details (including lodging information): https://d94-h.tamu.edu/d-9-shooting-sports-leader-coach-training/ .