Fort Worth Entries
- Livestock entries are due Thursday, November 9th, at the Extension Office
- Contest entries are due with Major Show Entries on Wednesday, November 22, at the Extension Office
- I could not get the premium book to open or download for me today, please let us know if you have questions or concerns and we will try to get in touch with the show
Major Show Entries (Rodeo Austin, San Angelo, San Antonio, & Houston)
- Major Show Entries are due at the Extension Office with payment on Wednesday, November 22nd – these will be submitted by families directly to our office
- Major Show Entry Nights will be from 5 PM to 8 PM on November 14th and 15th – I will be at the office with a receipt book, premium books, and extra copies of everything waiting to answer your questions!
- John is working to get the San Antonio and Houston entries posted to the website, as well as the summary sheet, families can print them off of the show websites if they want a head start
San Antonio School Tours
- We have received the dates for youth in grades 9-12 to serve as a school tour guide at the San Antonio show. Youth will need to commit their entire day from 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM to serving in this leadership role and must be academically eligible to be excused from school in February.
- Youth must register for their day of choice by noon on Friday, December 1, 2017. Once you sign up, you are fully committed to that date, so be sure to triple check your schedule before signing up.
- Click here to sign up as a tour guide! A copy of your selection(s) will be emailed to the address submitted in the form.
District 10 Roundup Registration
- Registration is OPEN in 4-H CONNECT! Registration will close November 7th, and late registration will be available on November 8th and 9th only for an additional $25 fee
- If you have youth interested in a County contest or practice for any of the contests being offered at District in December, please let me know. These would not be qualifying since we will have passed the District Deadline by that time.
- There is a TAMU Scholarship workshop on November 18th – registration is open in 4-H CONNECT until November 15th – the cost is $20
- There is a Workshop scheduled for November 13th at 6:30 PM in the County Extension Office - if anyone would like to attend, please have them email me to let me know!
County Council Meeting:
- The County Council has decided to host a holiday party at 6:30 PM here at the Extension Office on Monday, December 11th. All are welcome and are encouraged to bring a white elephant gift and an idea for our Banquet theme!
- The next Council meeting will be January 22 at 6:30 PM here at the Extension Office
- 11/10/17 – the Extension Office is Closed in observance of Veteran’s Day
- 11/23 and 11/24 – the Extension Office is Closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- 11/30 – 12/06 – Mellanie will be out of the office for a family event; she will be periodically checking emails and sending reminders
- The State Roundup Guide was posted – please view some of the updates for the year on our blog
- Livestock/Equine Ambassadors - there should be NO youth registered as an Ambassador - we are currently working on developing this program....stay tuned for applications!
UPCOMING COUNTY, DISTRICT, & STATE OPPORTUNITIES: