Travis County Swine Validation will take place on Saturday, November 13th! The Validation Committee will be traveling around the county to different FFA/School facilities, and 4-H members can choose the location they would like to attend!
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
We have had a LOT of interest in all things 4-H Natural Resources related! So, some great news! There are two 4-H Natural Resources Trainings coming up in November! These include the 4-H Sportfishing Project Leader Training in Jack County on November 13-14, and the 4-H Hunting Project Coach Training in Fort Bend County on November 20-21.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Fort Worth Entries are due by Thursday, November 4th at NOON.
ALL OTHER shows (San Angelo, San Antonio, Houston, Rodeo Austin) will have a deadline of Monday, November 8th!
After November 8th, you will have a $25 late fee per entry, and once entries have been submitted and mailed by agent, you will be subject to show late fees and all postage required to mail.
Additional information and details will be sent over the next two days to the emails on file through 4-H Online.
Please use THIS LINK to sign up for your turn-in time!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Mikayla.email@example.com
All Entries for the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo must be turned in to the Travis County Extension Office by NOON on Thursday, November 4th!
If you are enrolled in 4-H Online, then you received an additional email with all the entry forms, details, and information. Contact your Club Manager for a copy of the email if you need that.
Please use the link below to sign up for your Entry Turn-In Time (since our office is still closed to the public).
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Attention Travis County 4-H families! It’s that time of year!! Time for our County Food Challenge and Food Show Contests!!
- Takes place on October 28, 2021 at the Travis County Extension Office starting at 5:00 pm!
- If we have a lot of interest/registration, we might have to move the Senior division to November 1st, so if you’re in the senior division, mark both days for now. We will let you know as soon as we reach the registration deadline.
- Must be registered (Google Form) by October 21st at 5:00 pm! Click HERE to register!
- Please note that part of your registration process is to email Sonia Coyle your recipe by the registration deadline at Sonia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Takes place on November 2nd (for Juniors and Seniors), and November 3rd (for Intermediates) at the Travis County Extension Office starting at 5:00 pm!
- Must be registered (Google Form) by October 27th at 5:00 pm! Click HERE to register!
Couple of reminders:
- For BOTH contests, you MUST be enrolled in 4-H Online at time of registration (completion of Google Doc) or you will be disqualified.
- For all 4-H Contests, you must be academically eligible to participate. If deemed ineligible by your school, you will not be able to participate in the contest.
In case of advancement, please mark your calendars for the District 10 4-H Fall Roundup Contests, taking place in Kerrville! The Fall Roundup Guide is attached as we will follow District rules at our County contest. Please also take a peak as there are other contests available that do not require participation at the county level (FCH, Livestock, and Horse Quiz Bowl for example).
- Registration for District will need to be completed BY NOVEMBER 3rd to avoid a late fee, so if you would like to participate in a non-qualifying event, please let me know and I can assist you. Food Challenge and Food Show participants, I will help you get registered for District, the night of our County contest at the conclusion of awards.
- Food Show will take place December 1st
- Food Challenge will take place December 2nd
I know this is a lot of info, so please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns!And please get registered!!
Monday, October 11, 2021
Don't Forget!! Pick Up for TCYS Plant orders is THIS Thursday, the 14th at Navarro High School (what used to be Lanier) from 4-6 pm!
Plants can be picked up by one representative per club if needed, but please let me know ahead of time so I can inform volunteers handling pick-up.
Below is some information we have for an upcoming invitational CDM contest being held in Gatesville on Saturday, November 20th!
All Club Managers were just emailed the entry form and information, so please get with them or myself if you have any additional questions!
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Drop Dead Deadline for Spring Major Broiler orders is extended to THIS FRIDAY (10/8)!
Club Managers have PDF copy (not blurry) of order form, so please reach out to them or me.
Please plan on dropping off your order form and payment to the Extension Office, in an envelope with "ATTN: MIKAYLA HERRON" on the front, so I can make sure it gets to me. I will send you an email confirmation once received.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, email@example.com.
ATTENTION!!!! With all of the upcoming events and entry forms due, please know that I will NOT sign off of entry/contest forms or events if you are not enrolled in 4-H Online!!
Also, there have been some technical issues preventing people from paying by credit card. I have some troubleshooting tips below (if blurry please email me and I can send you a copy). Credit Card is the preferred method pf payment as it makes the enrollment process almost instantaneous. Paying by check is fine however IT DOES TAKE TIME TO FULLY PROCESS. So please contact me first if you need to pay by check at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read this in its entirety as IT IS TIME FOR COUNTY SHOW ENTRIES!!!
- 2022 TCYS Rule Book: HERE
- 2022 TCYS Entry Form (for Livestock and Youth Fair): HERE
- Baked Division Recipes- Due NOVEMBER 19, 2021 by 5pm: HERE
- TCYS Heifer Entry Form: HERE
- 2022 TCYS Poultry Order ONLINE ONLY - Due by OCTOBER 15, 2021 at 5pm: HERE
Additional Info & Upcoming Deadlines:
- Your 2022 TCYS Entries AND payments are due to your Club at your October Meeting!! So please plan accordingly, make sure you are attending your October meeting or making other arrangements with your Club Managers if there is a conflict. YOU MUST SUBMIT ENTRIES THROUGH YOUR CLUB!
- I will then be getting all entries from each club to work on our Travis County 4-H submission to TCYS!
- The deadline to have all entries and payments to me at the County Extension Office is Wednesday, October 20th by 5pm!! Any entries received after that will have a $50 late fee per entry up until October 25th.
- After October 25th, entries will no longer be accepted at the County Extension Office and you will be responsible for turning in late to TCYS directly, and subject to their $250 / entry late fee!
- PLEASE NOTE: That I will NOT sign off on your entries if you are not enrolled in 4-H Online! So please get started on your enrollment ASAP! Credit Card is the preferred method of payment as it completed enrollment faster. If you have credit card issues, please let me know before selecting check as your form of payment, so we can try to work through it together.
2022 TCYS Poultry:
All Broilers to be shown at TCYS will place their order through the TCYS website (link above) by 5pm on October 15th! PLEASE NOTE that your broiler order DOES NOT serve as your TCYS Entry. You must still enter your project through the official TCYS entry form.
For Turkeys: Please note when you pick up your Turkeys, TCYS requires a copy of your wingband paperwork for any exhibitor planning to show Turkeys at TCYS!
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and start making plans now to get with your Club Managers if you have any conflicts!
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Join us for our first Travis County 4-H Council Meeting on MONDAY, September 27th! This will be held virtually at 7pm. Contact your Club Manager for additional information and the meeting link!
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
ATTENTION 4-H SWINE EXHIBITORS!!
Friday, September 10, 2021
I also would like to share with you these photos from Scout's photo booth at the Travis County 4-H Awards Banquet held last month. Thanks again to the Goldsmith family for their amazing help in photographing the event! Have a great weekend everyone!
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- 2021 District 10 4-H Mega Meeting (formerly known as District 10 4-H Conference): will take place on Saturday, September 25th at Comfort High School. This event is open to ALL 4-H members, parents, adult volunteers, and agents who would like to come learn more about 4-H and network within District 10. Registration for Mega Meeting will formally open on 4HOnline (v2.4honline.com) on Sept. 1st (Wednesday) and close Sept. 13th, 2021 (Monday). So, YES that means you have to be enrolled in the 4-H year before you can sign up for Mega Meeting! Cost is $30 per registrant, youth and adults (Lunch & T-Shirt Provided)
- Interested in Robotics???? Hill County will host an interactive robotics workshop in Hillsboro on September 22nd (workshop for Leaders & Volunteers) & October 23rd. Below are the flyers and information. Please contact Angie Nors, Hill County 4-H Agent with any questions at email@example.com
- Tom Green County will be hosting an Invitational Food Challenge contest on November 13th at the First Financial Pavilion on the San Angelo Fairgrounds. This contest will be open to the first 50 paid teams. The age divisions of this contest will be Junior (3rd-5th grade), Intermediate (6th-8th grade), and Senior (9th-12th grade) teams. The entry fee will be $40/team, once payment is received your registration will be confirmed. There will not be a late registration period. Please register by November 1st on the Tom Green County 4-H Webpage . If you are interested and would like to review the rules, please contact Mikayla Herron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, September 3, 2021
It was great to be back to have the Travis County Awards Banquet in person this year! I was unable to attend, but Willow Goldsmith was kind enough to take photos this year. I would like to share some of those photos with you below. Thanks to everyone who attended and helped out. Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!