Friday, May 17th is the deadline to register for “Texas 4-H Roundup w/LEAD Academy” or “LEAD Academy 2019” events June 10-13, 2019. A late fee will be added above the initial registration cost starting Saturday.
The late fee rates are as follows:
- May 18 - May 21, 2019: Additional $50 Late Fee
- May 22 - May 26, 2019: Additional $125 Late Fee
- May 27 - June 6, 2019: Additional $250 Late Fee
County offices please make sure all your qualifying event participants are entered as well as any 4-H members you know that will be competing in our invitational contest. Scholarship recipients have been notified as of yesterday if they will be the recipient of a scholarship. All scholars need to register as well. If they are no competing, they may select a day pass based on which day they will be receiving their scholarship.
EVERYONE attending Texas 4-H Roundup must register (either pre-register or register on-site) and have a valid name badge on at all times. This is a requirement of the event for safety, liability and insurance purposes. In the event of an emergency, it is important for us to know who is at Roundup.
Our Future 4-H Members (those 2nd grade and younger) that will be attending Texas4-H Roundup with family members will have complimentary name badges provided to them at the on-site registration desk. Please be sure and pick one up for them to wear during the event. On the back of the badge is a place to write their name and emergency contact information should they be separated from you.
Registration Approval Process:
Please begin reviewing your county registrations and approving them ASAP. We need all registrations to the state level by Friday, May 24th. For those needing to submit a county check for registration, an invoice may not be generated until all registration are approved at the State level. The county approval process is step 1, then the Districts have to review the registrations before submitting to State. All county offices should have their registrations to the District level no later than 8 am, Tuesday, May 21st in order for us to achieve this. If you are having difficulty reviewing the county registrations, please contact your District 4-H Specialist of myself so we can determine what issues you are having in finalizing the registration approvals.
Steps in the Review process:
Please check for this information during the county approval process. If these steps are not met when registration is reached at the State Office, registration will be returned to youth to resubmit, delaying our registration process. As a reminder the State office will have over 3,000 registrations to process in a timely and efficient manner for this event. Following these steps will help us expedite the process which includes providing accurate contest information to our superintendents so that they are able to prepare for the contest on their end.
- Chaperone: All youth attending Texas 4-H Roundup must be accompanied by a REGISTERED chaperone in a ratio of 1 adult to 8 youth. All chaperone ratios must adhere to gender (i.e. if you send 4 males and 4 females, then you need 1 male chaperone and 1 female chaperone). All youth will be required to declare who will serve as their primary REGISTERED chaperone during the registration process on 4-H CONNECT. Youth not naming an adult chaperone in the registration process will not be accepted. Chaperones will always need to have a required HEALTH FORM of the participants with them, in the case of an emergency. This form is available for download from 4-H CONNECT. Those registering on-site can complete the Waiver, Indemnification, and Medical Treatment Authorization Form (See Appendix)
- Waiver, Identification, & Medical Treatment Authorization Form (HEALTH FORM):
Everyone attending the event must have a current form on file in 4-H CONNECT. Chaperones must print/keep a copy of this file with them at all times for each of the participants. This form is completed during the Enrollment process for each youth/adult. Please verify that all participants have completed this section during 4-H Enrollment. If they have not, have the member edit their enrollment profile and update this information.
Make sure they have signed the document (entered date and typed their name) included Emergency Contact Information, Medical Insurance information and any special services.
- Team information
· Make sure the registration accurately reflects the team member information for both Qualifying and Invitational contest. This is necessary, especially in the case where counties have multiple teams entered. Team designation needs to be established at registration. We do not allow for teams to declare the team members the day of the contest.
· Intermediate Age youth can compete as a Senior to complete a team for SOME Invitational Contests. This will NOT be allowed for the following contests: Hippology, Healthy Lifestyles, Livestock Skill-A-Thon, Poultry Judging and Soil Judging, as these contests have the opportunity for a team to advance to a National Contest and that National Contest requires “Senior Age” youth.
· Those intermediates competing as Seniors, denote TEAM in their registration profile and then list the Senior members of their team. We will be able to pair them up to the Senior team if this step is followed.
· As a point of clarification, in an invitational contest, a county may only have a maximum of 2 individual entries per age division. If there are at least 3 individuals from the county in the same age division, they will be considered a team.
· If a team and its members are not designated on the registration, they will be placed on a team by the State Office.
4. Contest Paperwork Upload Requirement:
Youth participating in Food Show, Fashion Show and Discover Scientific Method are required to provide paperwork at time of registration as an uploaded document in 4-H CONNECT. Please verify that all youth enrolled in this contest have provided the necessary paperwork. If the paperwork has not been provided, please notify the 4-H member and ask them to resubmit their registration with this information included.
*NOTE* for Intermediates competing in Discover Scientific Method this upload box was not appearing for them in registration. We are working at the state office to determine the number of intermediate entries this impacted, it was not brought to our attention until yesterday when a family emailed the contest superintendent. Please
Those youth competing in Share the Fun must must complete a Gravity Form using the following https://d94-h.tamu.edu/2017-texas-4-h-roundup-share-the-fun-2-2/ as well as register in 4-H CONNECT for the contest.
5. Speaking Event Title:
Please verify those that are competing in Educational Presentation or Public Speaking have included their title of their presentation when they register.
6. Archery Participants
All who are competing in the Archery Contest must be currently participating in a county archery program under the direction of a certified coach. The coaches information must be included with their registration. The Shooting Sports office will verify that all archery contestants are in a local program under the direction of a certfieid coach. Those who are not, will not be approved at the State level to compete. Please check that all youth in your county that are signed up for archery have included this information during registration.
County/Club Check Payment Method:
REGISTRATION PAYMENT All payments for Texas 4-H Roundup must be RECEIVED IN THE STATE 4-H OFFICE by Wednesday, June 5, 2019. Registrations not having been paid by the close of business June 5, 2019 are subject to cancellation. To prevent the possibility of cancellation, everyone is encouraged to use the credit card payment option on 4-H CONNECT. A payment invoice may not be generated by a county office until the registrations have been approved by the State Office.
If a COUNTY/CLUB is mailing a payment, it must be mailed to: United States Postal Service:
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension/4-H CONNECT
College Station, TX 77843-2473
Overnight mail through either FedEx, UPS, or Lonestar:
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension/4-H CONNECT
1470 William D. Fitch Parkway
College Station, TX 77845
All registrations paid using a county/club check must include a county invoice (transfer) with the payment. Absolutely NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted. Personal checks will be returned.
Thank you notes:
We are waiting on a few confirmation regarding sponsorship before we are able to release the Thank You note list. We apologize for the delay, but we are wanting to release as complete of a list as possible versus updates as we have done in the past as additional sponsorship notifications were provided.
Schedule of events:
Our schedule is continually being updated. We ask that you direct your families to our 4-H Roundup Blogspot for the most up-to-date information https://texas4hroundup.blogspot.com/ . Also we encourage everyone to download the Texas 4-H App. We will post a final schedule on Wednesday, June 5th. (At least that is our plan barring any unexpected changes).
Don’t forget to purchase your parking permit and print for the event. Encourage your families to do so as well. https://texas4hroundup.blogspot.com/2019/04/parking-permits-texas-4-h-roundup-lead.html
Remind families that t-shirts are on sale through Market Place until Sunday, May 19th at 11:59 pm. https://texas4hroundup.blogspot.com/2019/05/texas-4-h-roundup-t-shirts-purchased.html
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our office.
We realize this event is one that takes a village to be successful. We appreciate what each of you do to help with the success!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.