Here are some updates for 2018 Rodeo Austin:
There are going to be some NEW Junior Livestock Shows!
- Breeding heifers - maximum of 2 entries
- Junior market steers are adding an AOB Red division to their show
- Junior market lambs are adding 2 Dorper classes to their show
- Junior market turkey show is bringing back the Turkey Tom division
- Junior market barrows are adding weight divisions (light weight, medium weight, heavy weight) to the Crossbred Division and only Division Champions will compete in the Crossbred Champion Drive
Animal Health Declaration Forms were implemented in 2016 and will continue - these should be posted around October 1, 2017 and need to be submitted by exhibitors at the Howdy Check-In Trailer at the show.
Ultimate Scramble Championship
- There are 160 spots available, there is a $30 entry fee
- Champion will take home the grand prize of $5000
- Spots are first-come, first-serve and only a CEA/AST can reserve the student spot
- Spots and entries open up October 1, 2017
- Purchase certificates can be used for any of the following livestock projects: market steer, market lamb, market goat, market barrow, breeding heifer, boer goat.