Applications for youth to serve as a Texas 4-H Healthy Lifestyle Ambassador are now being accepted. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 26, 2017. The application is available online and can also be accessed from the Texas 4-H Website. Once applications are received, County Extension Agents will be notified and have the opportunity to complete an online reference form for the youth.
The purpose of the 4-H Healthy Lifestyles Ambassador Program is:
- Promote the purpose and goals of the 4-H healthy lifestyles program;
- Empower youth by giving them the opportunity to provide leadership to the 4-H healthy lifestyles program;
- Provide educational experiences that will enable 4-H members across the state to become knowledgeable and skilled in the healthy lifestyles subject matter;
- Coordinate educational events that will provide learning opportunities for the development of leadership and effective citizenship related to the healthy lifestyles projects; and
- Help each ambassador experience personal growth and achievement, as well as be of service to others.
Requirements and application information:
· To apply to serve as a 4-H Healthy Lifestyles Ambassador, youth must be at least 15 years old at the beginning of the 2017-2018 4-H year (as of 8-31-17).
· Ambassadors will serve a two-year term, with terms beginning in the summer prior to the start of the 4-H year (Summer 2017).
· Ambassadors may serve consecutive terms but must re-apply if they wish to renew membership.
· Ambassadors are required to participate in an ambassador training, which will take place July 20-21, 2017 in Corpus Christi. Registration fee for the ambassador training is $100 per person and covers lodging and meals.
· Ambassadors are expected to attend all face-to-face and online meetings as well as complete the plans and submit reports as required. Specific ambassador requirements, including hours, leadership or program efforts, and community service projects) will be outlined at the ambassador training.
· Any costs associated with participating in ambassador trainings and/or meetings, including travel, registration fees, etc., are the responsibility of each individual ambassador.
· Ambassador applications will be accepted now through Friday, May 26, 2017.
· Those selected to serve as an Ambassador will be notified by Friday, June 16, 2017.