Expand your horizons this summer!
Explore the world by participating in a home stay program this summer. Develop new friendships, share cultures, customs and heritage. Open your heart and home for 2 to 4 weeks hosting a delegate from Japan or Greece or allow your teenager to travel to Japan, Greece, Australia or Costa Rica for a 2 to 4 week-long home stay. The home stays are sponsored by Texas Global Education and Cultural Exchange (TGE) and their partner organizations in the other countries. Information about TGE, a non-profit organization, and the opportunities available are on TGE's web site: http://www.texasglobaleducation.org/.
A teen who participated in 2008 describes her month-long adventure: " My home stay in Japan was AMAZING! I don't even think that describes it enough. It was the best summer of my life."
Get ready for your best summer: Plan an amazing summer for your child(ren) by applying to be a host family or by encouraging your teen to apply for a home stay in Japan, Greece, Australia or Costa Rica.
- All 2010 Host Families are required to apply, see attached!
- All "new" host family adults will be screened and participate in a home interview and orientation prior to acceptance in the program.
- All Host Families will be provided training and support prior and during their home stay upon request.
- Japanese and Greek Ambassadors will be matched with families who share some of the same interests and have a child of the same gender and is close in age.
- Program dates:
- Japan - July 25 - Aug. 21. Seeking 30 host families for delegates (ages 12 - 17), 1 month duration.
- Japan - July 25 - Aug. 7 or Aug. 7 to Aug. 21. Seeking 4 adults or families to host adult chaperons for 2 weeks.
- Greece - July 25 - Aug. 21. Seeking 8 host families for delegates (ages 15 - 18), 1 month duration.
The rewards for welcoming a student or chaperone into your home are numerous: increased compassion for people new to a different culture; increased skills in adapting to differences in values and behavior; improved language and communication skills; as well as new friendships. The students are responsible for their own expenses, there is not a financial burden to the host family, all we ask is that you treat each student as a member of the family and provide meals and lodging with the host sibling. We are looking for host families that will show these students the meaning of American culture and Texas hospitality!
Teen Home stay in Japan, Greece, Australia or Costa Rica: Your teen (14-18 years old) can reap the rewards of being a part of another family this summer. He or she will be treated like a family member and learn about the culture, food, language from the day-to-day interactions with his "brother" or "sister" for 2-4 weeks. Host families and potential delegates are screened prior to being accepted.
Family Home stay in Japan as well as many other countries, please inquire below if interested.
College Student Study Abroad with our IFYE program, please inquire below.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD: We encourage you to forward this information to family, friends, work networks, clubs and organizations, youth groups, churches, newsletters, local papers, home school co-ops and support groups, private schools, public schools, language schools, libraries, teachers, or other students who might be interested in hosting delegates or becoming an Ambassador.
To request an application, questions or need additional information, please contact one of us.