Thursday, August 27, 2009

4-H One Day - Walk for NAMI

Many of you have read and hopefully have seen the 4-H One Day video. On October 10, 2009 4-H'ers across the state will be giving back to their community. Many of the clubs may choose to coordinate their own community service activity. As the 4-H Agent, I have chosen to participate in a community service as well. Each of you are more than welcome to join me for this event. I have decided to participate in the

NAMIWALKS for the Mind of America
(National Alliance on Mental Illness)

Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009
Location: Auditorium Shores on Lady Bird Lake
Registration & Check-In: 8:00 am

Walk Begins: 9:00 am

Distance: 5 K

If you would like to participate, please go to the following website and join the Travis County 4-H Team. http://www.nami.org/namiwalks09/TEX/tc4h. This will take you to my page and below my name on the left side, click on Team: Travis County 4-H. Once on the team page, you can sign up to join the team and create your own page. You can then email your page link to friends and family for sponsorships as a walker. For those under the age of 18, you will need to complete a paper registration form. Please let me know of your interest at cmtalley@ag.tamu.edu.

Once I have an idea of how many are willing to participate, I will email you more information.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments: