As a reminders, applications for the 2018 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarships are due in the Travis County Extension Office on Monday, January 22, 2018.
I encourage you to send in a Word draft of your application to MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu as soon as possible so we can help provide feedback for you. Below are some other reminders:
- Make sure there are no additional pages include in the application, page numbers should be the same as the blank application.
- All signatures need to be originals. On the initial page the 4-Her, parent, and agent must initial every line individually. Please use a blue pen only.
- Transcript must have either a raised seal or original signature to be considered official.
- We need all pages of the FAFSA, not just the first page.
- Counselor page must have GPA in 100 point scale and be un-weighted as well as have an original signature.
- Applications cannot be printed front and back - single side only
- A career choice needs to be listed on the first page.
- Every space on the application must be complete.
The earlier you can get your applications in, the earlier we can go through them and let you know what changes need to be made, if any. The weeks after they are due are very busy with district contests as well as the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. As soon as your applications are ready, please send them in so we can begin reviewing.