Upcoming Program and Deadline Reminders:
- Tuesday, November 28 – Quality Counts test deadline for livestock exhibitors
- Wednesday, November 29 – TCYS Baked Good recipes submissions due by 4:59 PM
- Friday, December 1 – San Antonio Tour Guide Sign Ups are due
- Friday, December 1 – TCYS broiler pick ups (more information soon!)
- Monday, December 4 – College Admission Tips with Collegewise at 6:30 PM
- Friday, December 8-9 – District 10 Fall Roundup in Kerrville, TX
- Monday, December 11 – Travis County 4-H Council Holiday Party & Banquet Theme Selection at 6:30 PM at the Extension Office
- Monday, December 18 – Travis County 4-H Photography Workshop at 6:30 PM
- Friday, December 22 – Rodeo Austin Tour Guide Sign Ups are due
- Friday, December 22 – Teen Leadership Retreat sign-ups due
Eligibility Check & Club Attendance Reminders
This is a reminder for our parents and exhibitors that our office will be asking schools to verify eligibility in early December and January for those participating in TCYS. We will continue checks throughout the spring for those participating in other events. Parents, please actively check your child’s grades. Exhibitors, please be aware of your grades and work on them with your teachers now if there is a concern.
We want to remind everyone that the Extension Office and Agents do NOT make any decisions regarding school eligibility; your school registrar checks a box stating whether or not you are eligible. Please keep in mind that some of the schools can’t provide this information until their grading period ends in January – right before TCYS. We will do our best to notify you immediately via email if you are marked as ineligible, but please keep in mind this is based on when your school returns the form to us.
Please also be aware that TCYS will also ask our office to verify that you have attended at least 50% of your 4-H Club’s meetings since August of 2017. We will be asking your Club Managers to verify this using their sign-in sheets.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 512-854-9600 or MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu